When
Jeremy was three years old he came fishing with me my dad and Ireland at lost creek. It was a hot
sunny day but we got there early in the day so it was cool to begin with. We
were in our little fishing boat and we slowly trolled around the lake, I caught
the first fish so we all changed our lures to the same pattern that I was using
so we could all catch fish. We got Jeremy’s pole set up first so we decided to
troll with his pole while we set up the others. Immediately he began to roll in
his line, saying “I got one I got one” while humming the song from bass masters
2000 which is a video game he liked to play. We all started to tell him that it
was just the drag that the water makes while trolling, so he stopped reeling
in. But then he started reeling in again, so we decided just let him reel in.
About one minute later he pulls the last of his line in the boat, and there was
a nice trout on the lure. He was right that he actually caught one, and he
caught three more afterwards.
I
love to be outside all the time, I mostly fish, hunt camp, and hike. I love to
ski and snowshoe, I just love to be in the mountains and fields. I know that Heavenly Father has blessed me to be able to live in such a great area where
all my favorite activities are close by and easy to get to. I know that he knew
that I loved the mountains and fields so much that he sent me to a family that
lived here.
When
I first found out about Jeremy I felt very sad and scared. I had an idea of
what kind of treatment he would be receiving from other cancer patients that I
had seen from school. I was sad because I knew that he would change and that we
wouldn’t get to do some of our activities together for the next year or so.
Also we had talked about how if Jeremy wants me to I will get the privilege of
being the one who baptizes him when he turns eight. I liked having the idea
that I would get the chance if he wanted me to. But when I learned about his
tumor I thought that I might not get the chance to baptize him or see him at
that age.
I
was seeing Jeremy with worldly eyes and saw him not as strong as Heavenly Father saw him. But now I see Jeremy as a very strong 5 year-old, I see it most
often when something like his port needs to be accessed for blood. When he gets
his port accessed we put on a numbing cream on the skin over his port and then
the home health nurse sticks a big fat needle through his skin to reach his
port. The location his port is at makes him need to lift his shirt up or pull
the collar down, pulling the collar down is what he prefers. He does things
like his port without even crying or fighting, because he knows that this is
what needs to be done. Heavenly father knew Jeremy better than anyone on this
earth that he knew Jeremy would be able to be calm and have the courage to get
through cancer. I know that just like Jeremy Heavenly Father has not forgotten
me or anyone else on this earth.
The
first thing that Jeremy wants to do this summer when he is better is to go
fishing as much as possible. We have planned to do lots of fishing trips when
he is better and I can’t wait to do them with him. I know that this church is
true, that our prophet tells us the truth, and our Heavenly Father will never
forget us no matter what happens to us. I say these things in the name of Jesus
Christ. Amen.
That is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the courage of an entire eternal family!
ReplyDelete