Cancer Stinks!

On October 5, 2011, I went into the McKay Dee surgical center in Ogden to have my tonsils removed. Instead, the doctors found a cancerous tumor growing behind my tonsils. It's called "Nasopharyngeal Rhabdomyosarcoma" and I'm told it's curable about 80% of the time for someone like me. It's going to be a long road, but I think it's going to be 100%.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thank You!!

Dear All,

Expressing our gratitude to our family and friends on this blog does not feel adequate for the generosity, service, compassion, love, and support that we have received. My heart desires to express our appreciation and gratitude to each of you individually, and I plan on sending a thank you note to each of you. It may take some time to reach everyone...so until you receive a personal thank you, I want to take a moment to "publicly" express our appreciation.
We feel our family's burden has been lightened as you have been so willing to bear our burden through your love, listening ear, understanding, compassion, prayers, thoughtfulness, generosity, and kind acts of service. We feel blessed to have family and friends help us get through this difficult trial. Many of you have said "I feel helpless, I don't know what to do to help you". Just knowing that you care and are praying for us, strengthens us! We feel your support in person, on the phone, through texts, cards, and even through this blog. We also feel that we have learned much about serving others as we have been the recipient of service. We desire to follow your example and hope to be able to comfort and serve others as we have been so well cared for. We love and appreciate you! We hope you will feel the depth of our gratitude and sincerity.

Love,
The Russell Family

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys and wish you the best. Please let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete