Cancer Stinks!

On October 5, 2011, I went into the McKay Dee surgical center in Ogden to have my tonsils removed. Instead, the doctors found a cancerous tumor growing behind my tonsils. It's called "Nasopharyngeal Rhabdomyosarcoma" and I'm told it's curable about 80% of the time for someone like me. It's going to be a long road, but I think it's going to be 100%.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

You're My Angel

Jeremy wearing his "Super Hero" cape.

Jeremy and Ireland had so much fun holding Katie's baby bunnies!

This little black bunny was Jeremy's favorite.


Today was Jeremy's 12th session of chemo. Jeremy likes painting while he waits for the pharmacy to prepare his chemo medicine. Mike took this week off from work and came with us today. It is fun to have "daddy" with us!


Jeremy is doing very well. We had a great Christmas! We were even able to attend church together as a family on Christmas day. This was the first time that Jeremy was able to attend church since he was diagnosed. Church was at 9:00 am, so we decided as a family that we would open one gift before church and open the rest of our gifts afterwards. After the kids opened their one gift, we reminded them that we better get our coats and head to church. Jeremy said, "Mom, you have to open my present, it is very special". He went over to the tree and came back with a small box wrapped in Christmas paper and said "This is to you from me".  I opened it and to my surprise it was a beautiful necklace with an engraving that said "You're My Angel" and on the back "Love Jeremy". I gave him a big hug and said, "Jeremy, this is special, I love it! Did Daddy help you with this?" and he said, "No, Julie did." I said, "Aunt Julie and Uncle Dave?" Jeremy nodded his head yes, and Megan gave us the details of Dave and Julie's surprise. Mike and I looked at each other in awe. Jeremy was so pleased and happy to give me this gift! I will treasure it always, for its beautiful inscription and what it represents to me. As Mike and I are caring for Jeremy and lovingly watching over him, so many others are lovingly watching over us, being our angels. This necklace will remind me that we are each other's angels, serving and helping each other. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a great Christmas. I love this post it warmed my heart. Jeremy is amazing. I think it's so sweet that he got you that necklace. We love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS very special. I agree, you are an angel. So glad Christmas was a happy day for your famIly! I wish it was always on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete