We thought that Jeremy would be able to do chemo today since his ANC was 3,000 but within a few days it dropped to 400. He will have a blood draw on Thursday, and hopefully his ANC will be high enough to do chemo on Friday. Last night when I was tucking Jeremy into bed he asked me "Mom, I know that my birthday is August 13th and I will be six (years old), but when is that again?" I told him about two months. He said, "Oh, will I be done with chemo by then?" I replied, that he might not be, but if not it will be o.k. He closed his eyes real tight to hold back the tears. It breaks my heart. He wants so much to be done with chemo. We all want for him to be done. It is so hard when chemo is delayed, we just want to push through and finish.

We helped Jeremy make a "count down chain" to the end of chemo. The three green links are the overnight chemos and the two orange links are the outpatient chemos. He is looking forward to removing each link! This helped him visualize how close he is to the end.
Last Friday evening, HopeKids sponsored an event at Hogle Zoo. The zoo was closed to the public so there were only HopeKids and their families. Megan, Ireland, Jeremy and I had a great time! Jeremy loves these events. We were so glad that his ANC was high enough for him to go. I am always so humbled at these events. There are children whose battle with a life-threatening illness is especially difficult and challenging. We are reminded of how truly blessed we have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment