Cancer Stinks!

On October 5, 2011, I went into the McKay Dee surgical center in Ogden to have my tonsils removed. Instead, the doctors found a cancerous tumor growing behind my tonsils. It's called "Nasopharyngeal Rhabdomyosarcoma" and I'm told it's curable about 80% of the time for someone like me. It's going to be a long road, but I think it's going to be 100%.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cutting Off A Link From The Count Down Chain

Jeremy cutting off one of the links from his count down chain. Only four more chemos left to do!





 That big smile says it all! 

Friday, when the nurse was accessing Jeremy's port, he started crying and said that it hurt. The nurse realized that she had missed his port and pulled the needle back out. I understand that this can happen, but it was the first time that it had happened to Jeremy. I was not sure how he was going to react, and if he would let her try again. I liked how the nurse handled the situation. She apologized and said that she would be back in a minute. She returned with a nurse that Jeremy was familiar and comfortable with. He was hesitant and nervous, but he let the second nurse access his port, which she did successfully. I was so proud of him! That second attempt took a lot of courage! 


1 comment:

  1. Jeremy, you are one of our heroes! Brother Berlin and I are not sure we would have had the courage to have the nurse access the port again like you did. The next time we have to do something really hard we will think of you and be inspired. We are so happy for you that you were able to cut that green link off your count down chain. Yippeeeeee!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete