Cancer Stinks!

On October 5, 2011, I went into the McKay Dee surgical center in Ogden to have my tonsils removed. Instead, the doctors found a cancerous tumor growing behind my tonsils. It's called "Nasopharyngeal Rhabdomyosarcoma" and I'm told it's curable about 80% of the time for someone like me. It's going to be a long road, but I think it's going to be 100%.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Today's Lab Results

Jeremy's ANC dropped to 200. He will not be able to do chemo tomorrow. We will give him Neupogen shots for three days and check his blood count on Thursday. Hopefully he will be able to do chemo on Friday.

Our ward Primary made a CD of the children singing and talking to Jeremy. He has already watched it three times. He misses the association of his friends.

Jeremy is having separation anxiety when I leave the house. We are working through it. Mike stayed with him while I went to church yesterday, to try to help him adjust to being away from me. Jeremy has a routine that helps. He likes to set a timer for the amount of time that I will be gone. He has memorized my cell number and knows that he can call and talk to me. He also gives several hugs and a wave from the porch as he watches me leave. We are hoping that by working through this now, it will help him be ready for school in the fall. I am also planning on volunteering in his classroom. It is nice that he sleeps in, so that I can get my daily walk in before he wakes up. His anxiety will probably lessen when chemo is over. We are still hoping and praying that chemo will be done by the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment