Cancer Stinks!

On October 5, 2011, I went into the McKay Dee surgical center in Ogden to have my tonsils removed. Instead, the doctors found a cancerous tumor growing behind my tonsils. It's called "Nasopharyngeal Rhabdomyosarcoma" and I'm told it's curable about 80% of the time for someone like me. It's going to be a long road, but I think it's going to be 100%.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Good News!

Today has been a great day! Jeremy has literally slept the last 2 1/2 days. This afternoon he had a little spurt of energy. We went outside and enjoyed the beautiful fall day. Jeremy noticed the leaves are starting to fall off of the trees. The sunshine felt so nice! He tires easily and our visits outside are short, but very therapeutic!

Jeremy shared some exciting news with us today! He came to me excitedly and said "Mom, I can breath through my nose!" I told him how happy I was and asked him to show me. I can hear air through his right nostril, his left is still blocked. He has not been able to breath through his nose for over a month. We are so happy! Although Jeremy suffers from the sides effects of the chemo therapy, the chemo is helping shrink the tumor and we are seeing progress! (The tumor is in his nasopharyngeal. It is the size of his fist, no real shape, just squeezes in the spaces.)  What a blessing for him to be able to breath through part of his nose! Each day we see little miracles. Our hearts are full of gratitude and feel that our prayers are being answered. We want to thank each of you, who are also praying for Jeremy.


1 comment:

  1. We are so excited to hear the good news!! We are so happy that he is already seeing some results!! Way to go Jer- Bear!!!

    ReplyDelete