Cancer Stinks!

On October 5, 2011, I went into the McKay Dee surgical center in Ogden to have my tonsils removed. Instead, the doctors found a cancerous tumor growing behind my tonsils. It's called "Nasopharyngeal Rhabdomyosarcoma" and I'm told it's curable about 80% of the time for someone like me. It's going to be a long road, but I think it's going to be 100%.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Planning meeting tomorrow


Yesterday was a great day! Jeremy enjoyed the sunshine and some time outside. James and his friends cheered him on while he shot some baskets. Jeremy also enjoyed some visitors. The day must of wore him out, because today he is very tired. I am glad he had a fun day yesterday. Today his ANC count is down to 200, so we will have to be very careful for the next few days.

Tomorrow morning we are heading up to the Huntsman's for a planning meeting to start radiation. Jeremy will be under anesthesia so that they can make his mask and he will have another CT scan. It will be interesting to see how much the tumor has shrunk. Tomorrow will be informative and we will learn more about the process of radiation therapy.

I hope that I will not sound repetitive when I express my gratitude. I hope that you will feel my sincerity. I can not say enough how much we appreciate all the kind acts, thoughtfulness, love, and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean that everything is okay for him to do his radiation at Huntsman? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete